RG&E IS DOUBLING REBATES FOR A LIMITED TIME!
September 1st 2017 - November 30th 2017 ONLY!
RG&E is offering customers in the Rochester area various rebates for getting more energy efficient with furnaces, air conditioners and water heaters.
AFUE = Annual Fuel Utilization Efficiency | ECM = Electronically Controlled Fan Motor | EF = Energy Factor
- Conversion rebates are available to all homeowners who convert their primary heating equipment to natural gas on or after July 29, 2014 in Clinton County and other targeted conversion areas; and on or after July 1, 2016 for all other areas.
- An additional $500 rebate is available to customers participating in the natural gas heating conversion program who have received HEAP benefits within 12 months prior to the rebate application date, and can provide a HEAP award letter.
- Existing natural gas furnaces only, boilers are ineligible.
Limited to one rebate every five years. Effective January 1, 2016.
- ENERGY STAR tank type water heater with EF of .67 or greater.
- ENERGY STAR tankless water heater with EF of .82 or greater.
- Installed by a contractor at time of qualifying natural gas furnace or boiler installation.
- Contractor-installed or self-installed, must control a natural gas heating system.
To be eligible for any of our rebates, furnaces and boilers must be Air Conditioning, Heating and Refrigeration Institute (AHRI) or ENERGY STAR approved, and all eligible equipment (except Wi-Fi thermostats) must be installed by a licensed contractor or a contractor who has provided you with either a Federal ID (tax) number or a Certificate of Insurance.
Click here for a printable version of the natural gas equipment list.
To apply for a rebate, please complete, print and sign our online rebate application. You can also call our energy efficiency hotline at 1.800.995.9525, and ask for a rebate form to be mailed to you. Rebates are processed in the order in which they are received and can take up to 4 to 6 weeks for processing. Please refer to the Terms and Conditions found on page 3 of the rebate application.